Thursday, November 4, 2010

In My Hard Work I Trust

I wake up, stand up, put my smile on.
Its 4am, and I am out the door before dawn.
I was off the night before, at 11pm.
Barely got to go to sleep before I went to work again.

Do my makeup across 520, pull in to work right at 5.
Rush to my 5am meeting and try to look alive.
Spend my day doing important things, getting people where they belong.
The clock strikes 3, I finally get to pee, pick up Brooklyn and go home.

One thing after another, not enough hours in a day,
So I sacrifice my housework and decide its time to play.
Dora, Diego, baby dolls and littlest pet shop, too.
"You be Barbie, Ill be the puppy", shes a bossy little poo!

I tuck her in to her big girl bed after dinner and a bath
Start the dishes, clean up dinner, try not to collapse.
Check my facebook, update my status, give a phone call to my honey
Check my bank, pay some bills, pretend that I have money

At this point I have been up for 18 hours straight.
After only 3 hours of sleep, most people dont feel great.
But I am proud and happy and exhausted, I do it because I must.
I do it all, I do it well, and in my hard work I trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment